I love Audible.
They are the largest online retailer of audiobooks with over 100,000 titles to choose from. You can exchange any audiobook you don’t enjoy with their Great Listen Guarantee. You can cancel anytime.
Currently Audible has a special offer which allows you to download a free audiobook with a 30 day trial:
Please note I only recommend products and services that I personally use. As you can see in the below screenshot, I have been a member of Audible since March 14, 2008.
Why I Love Audiobooks
Hi there! My name is Peter Clemens and I’m the Founder and Editor of The Change Blog.
Since 2007 I have spent over 2 hours each day commuting to and from work. At first I hated spending so much time commuting as I considered this “dead time”. In 2008 I discovered audiobooks and suddenly my daily commute became my “learning time”. I began to enjoy – even look forward to – this time each day.
There are a number of other benefits I have experienced from listening to audiobooks. I now “read” far more than I used to. I also find that I retain more information from listening to books (I guess you could say I’m an auditory learner). And after spending much of the day looking at my computer screen, I enjoy giving my eyes a rest in the evening.
Why I Love Audible
Here are some the reasons I’m such a huge fan of Audible:
- Massive collection. No other site even comes close to offering the 100,000+ titles Audible does.
- Awesome community. Helpful reviews and ratings from Audible listeners make it easy it find the perfect audiobook.
- A great listen guaranteed. You can exchange any book you didn’t like with their Great Listen Guarantee.
- Super convenient. Audible has a free app for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone.
- Member discounts. Audible regularly offers member only sales and discounts.
- Cancel anytime. You can cancel online and at any time.
Audible Free Trial Offer
The process for signing up for the Audible free trial is really simple:
- Join. Pick the plan that’s right for you and sign in with your Amazon.com account. Note: see below for details on the plans available.
- Discover. Choose from 100,000+ titles using helpful reviews from Audible listeners.
- Listen. Download the free Audible app for iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone.
- Enjoy. Exchange any book you didn’t like, no questions asked.
What Happens When the Audible Free Trial Ends?
After the free trial expires, you’ll start getting billed $14.95 per month for your Gold Membership (that’s less than $0.50 per day, except in Feb). This membership entitles you to 1 credit per month (most audio books can be downloaded for 1 credit), 30 percent off any additional purchases, and a free subscription to audio versions of The New York Times or Wall Street Journal.
Audible offers two different membership plans. These are:
1. Audible Gold Membership Plan
Gold members receive 1 credit per month (1 credit = 1 audio book). Audible currently has two special introductory offers for the Audible Gold Plan: 1) new members can download an audio book for $7.49 per month for the first 3 months, and $14.95 per month thereafter; or 2) new members can download a free audio book with a 14 day trial.
Audible Discount Offer: Download an audiobook for only $7.49 and save 50% for 3 months.
Audible Free Trial: Try Audible free for 30 days and get a free audiobook.
2. Audible Platinum Membership
Platinum members receive 2 credits per month and are charged $22.95 per month ($11.47 per credit). Audible does not currently have a special introductory offer for the Platinum Membership. My advice is to initially sign up with the Gold Membership and later upgrade to the Platinum Membership if you find that 1 audiobook per month is not enough.
Note: Audible also has annual plans available that give you 12 credits ($149.50/yr) and 24 credits ($229.50/yr).