A 30-day free trial of Audible includes:
- 2 free audio book of your choice.
- Choose from over 180,000 audio books.
- Listen on your iPod or MP3 player.
- No obligation.
Sound good? Click below to learn more about this special offer.
There are a number of places online where you can download audio books, but in my mind there is one site that is head and shoulders above the rest: Audible. Here’s why I’m such a big fan:
- Huge selection. Choose from an ever-expanding library of more than 180,000 audio books, magazines, newspapers and podcasts.
- Superior quality. Audible audio books are either read by professional narrators or by the author.
- Big discounts. Even if you’ve exceeded the amount of credits in your account, you’ll still enjoy substantial savings because you’ll be receiving your membership discount of 30% off any books purchased in excess of your monthly credits.
- Exclusive member-only sales. Gain access to members-only sales, promotions and content deals.
- Bookmarking Feature. Audible’s patented bookmarking technology allows you to bookmark your exact position so it’s saved when you turn off your MP3 player. When you’re ready to pick back up where you left off your player will resume from the exact point at which you stopped.
- Immediately available. Stop waiting for books or CDs to arrive in the mail. With Audible you can download a title and begin listening to it in just minutes.
- Convenient. Transfer you audio books to your portable listening device and listen to them anywhere and anytime. Listen while jogging, driving, working out or taking a walk.
How does Audible work?
- Sign up for a new account (this requires a credit card).
- Download the Audible software (available for Windows and Mac, or as an iTunes add-on if you’re doing the iPod/iPhone).
- Select and download your free audio book.
- Transfer your audio book to your portable listening device (eg iPod or BlackBerry).
After the 30-day free trial expires, you’ll start getting billed $14.95 per month for your Gold Membership. This membership entitles you to 1 credit per month (most audio books can be downloaded for 1 credit), 30 percent off any additional purchases, and a free subscription to audio versions of The New York Times or Wall Street Journal.
Of course, you can always cancel your account before the end of the trial, end up paying nothing, and walk away with your free book. However, I’m confident that once you have tried Audible you will want to keep your membership. As you can see in the below screen shot, I have been a member since March 14, 2008.
Why join vs. purchasing one audio book at a time?
- Special pricing for members. Gold members pay $14.95 per audio book. This is a HUGE discount over retails prices. For example, Audible’s retail price for Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol is currently $35, meaning you would save $20.05 as an Audible member!
- 30% members only discount on additional audio books. 1 audio book per month not enough for you? Audible members can download additional audio books at 30% off retail.
- Roll your credits over. Enjoy listening to your books at your own pace with our convenient rollover credits. If you haven’t used your credits by the end of the month they’ll be rolled over into the following month for up to 6 months.
- No obligation! Cancel anytime! Audible is so certain you’ll love their service that they offer a no hassle cancellation policy. If for any reason whatsoever you’re not pleased with their service, simply cancel and keep the books you’ve downloaded.