56 Reasons to Fiercely Embrace Life
Life is grand, full of magic, hope and possibility.
However, sometimes itâ€™s hard to see how lucky and fortunate we are to be here. We get so caught up in our daily stresses that we completely forget how awe-inspiring and miraculous living really is. We go through the motions, get in a rut and are busy putting out one fire after the next in an attempt to keep our lives in balance.
Yet, drama happens all the time.
Our projects donâ€™t work out, our businesses arenâ€™t going the way we had hoped for, our relationships experience troubles, the economy is bad, politicians let us down and life is just not the way itâ€™s supposed to be.
Itâ€™s easy then to get sucked into a spiral of self-doubt and weariness. Itâ€™s easy to loose hope, feel listless and ready to just give up.
Speaking from experience, I know how destructive these feelings can be and how easily they overshadow your entire world. But if you take a moment to breathe, open your eyes and see, just see, all the marvels of this world, itâ€™s hard not to be speechless,Â feel grateful and happy to be alive.
Since I know Iâ€™m not the only one who sometimes lacks inspiration, I created the following list of reasons to love being alive, living on this beautiful planet and sharing these times with so many incredible fellows.
Ready? Letâ€™s go.
1. The roar of the ocean on a windy day.
2. Receiving help in unexpected ways.
3. The wistful longings of a heart in love
4. Hearing my grandfather express his undying love for my grandma (OK, thatâ€™s a very personal one, but I couldnâ€™t not mention it).
5. Hearing the soulful sounds of music that go straight to your heart.
6. Experiencing the beating of your heart after a long, hard workout.
7. The touch of your mom lovingly going through your hair.
8. The belly-laughter experienced when youâ€™re with great friends.
9. The promises of a new day when watching the sunrise.
10. Witnessing the genius of writers who work magic with their words.
11. The excitement in the eyes of your favorite pet when coming home.
12. The sheer joy of seeing friends long lost.
13. Seeing a loved one succeed in life.
14. A blue blue sky.
15. The work of photographers that portray a modelâ€™s soul.
16. Tasting the sweet deliciousness of chocolate.
17. The wonderful aroma of coffee beans.
18. The safety of being wrapped into your loved oneâ€™s arms.
Photo by maewe
19. The freedom of knowing that youâ€™re worthy of love.
20. The delight in sharing your wisdom and knowledge with others.
21. The pleasure of feeling the sun on your face or the wind in your hair.
22. Feeling the melancholy that comes with winter deep in your heart.
23. Seeing the beauty of white, white snow glistering in the sun.
24. Experiencing the warmth streaming through your body when drinking a hot chocolate on an ice-cold day.
25. The wonder of exploring new places and worlds.
26. The look up in a star-filled sky that puts life and the world into perspective.
27. Seeing the innocence in a toddlerâ€™s eyes.
28. Experiencing the trust of true friends.
29. The awe-inspiring performances of world-class athletes.
30. Listening to the beautiful sounds of Mozartâ€™s genius.
31. The growth as a person on every single day.
32. The beautiful smell of the air after heavy rain.
33. The powerful realization that your potential is limitless.
Photo by Wolfgang Staudt
34. The thrill of speaking foreign languages.
35. Tuning into the miraculous workings of our bodies.
36. The luscious green of the rain forest.
37. Falling into your bed after a long and hard day.
38. The refreshing feeling of putting on freshly washed clothes.
39. Experiencing the humbling feeling of seeing friends have your back
40. The empowerment of getting yourself out of a mess.
41. Spending a day in bed with breakfast and a captivating book.
42. The pride of holding an Asana for the very first time.
43. The first signs of spring after a long, cold winter.
44. The first signs of fall after a hot summer.
45. The breathtaking view out of an airplaneâ€™s window.
46. Witnessing two people promising to stay together all of their lives.
47. Finally figuring out what youâ€™re truly hungry for.
48. Giving to others and experiencing their joy.
49. Seeing ordinary people change the course of humanity.
50. Listening to the wealth of wisdom shared by your grandparents.
51. A cold shower on a brutally hot summer day.
52. The overwhelming feeling of seeing the Grand Canyon for the very first time.
53. The grace of ballet dancers floating across the stage.
54. Falling in love with your glorious body.
55. Coming home.
56. The realization that life, after all, is immeasurably valuable.
What are your reasons to lovingly and fiercely embrace life?
Photo by Ben Cumming