Thank you for your interest in contributing to The Change Blog. I would love to hear your experiences with change, but before contacting me please ensure you read and understand the guidelines below.
Why Write For The Change Blog?
- Gain exposure. Your post will be promoted to 20,000+ readers via RSS/ email and 19,000+ Facebook friends. The Change Blog receives more than 250,000+ page views every month.
- Interact with like-minded people. The Change Blog is fortunate to have a highly responsive readership who like to leave comments and share new articles with their network.
- Be in good company. Contributors past and present include: Ali Luke, Alex Blackwell, Amy Clover, Alissa Finerman, Barrie Davenport, Farnoosh Brock, Farouk Radwan, Gail Brenner, Glen Allsopp, Jonathan Mead, Marcus Sheridan, Scott Young, Srinivas Rao and Tara Mohr.
- Update your bio. If you would like to update your bio in the future just send me a quick email and I’ll be happy to change it for you (up to twice per year).
- Be original. This means your post has not been previously published anywhere, including your own blog.
- Make it personal. Please include a personal experience in your post. If your post contains only theory I will probably pass on it.
- Length doesn’t matter. I’m not a word counter, so it doesn’t matter to me whether it takes 500 or 5,000 words to tell your story.
- Include a bio. Please include a short bio with up to 2 links that will appear at the bottom of the post.
- Limit in-post self promotion. If you have a product or service you are looking to promote please link to these in your bio rather than within the post. Links to relevant articles either on The Change Blog or other blogs within your post are ok.
- Electronic publishing rights. By submitting your story to me you agree The Change Blog will hold the digital publishing rights to the post if it is published. This includes the right to publish your story in an ebook for sale via this website or online stores such as Amazon. If you story is selected for inclusion in an ebook I will include your name and a link to your website.
- The lead image is something I normally select, but if you have a suggestion please let me know. Most of the images I choose come from Flickr. When suggesting an image please ensure it is Creative Commons-licensed and can be used commercially.
- Your post may be edited. I normally leave posts untouched, but in some cases I may edit things such as the title, grammar, format, etc.
- Don’t bother with an HTML version when emailing me your submission.
- Please allow up to 2 weeks for a response. I aim to read and reply to every guest post submission, but I may miss you email because it went into my spam folder or I deleted it by accident. If you don’t hear back from me please send a follow up email.
- A relevant and insightful quote at the start of a story is a great way to grab attention and can help with promotion on social media networks.
- A question for readers at the end of your story is a great way to encourage comments.
- Being available the day I publish your article to quickly respond to comments is encouraged. Currently I publish 3 posts a week (Sun, Tue and Thu) at 6am-ish Pacific Standard Time. If you have a preference please let me know.
- Connect your email address with Gravatar so that a pic shows in the bio at the send of the post.
- Promote and share your story with your network !
Sound ok? If so please get in touch by emailing me at peter [at] thechangeblog.com with “Guest Post Submission” in the subject line.
I look forward to hearing from you!